A free countywide residential electronics collection event will be held on Saturday, April 11, 2015 from 8 AM to noon at Parkland College, 2400 W. Bradley Ave., Champaign, IL. The collection will be in Parking Lot M; enter from Duncan Rd.
Residents may bring the following electronics items (working or non-working) to the collection event. The limit is 10 items per household.
- Computers, printers, copiers, monitors*, keyboards, speakers, mice, cables, PDAs
- Software, CDROM/floppy disks, UPS, tablet computers
- Computer parts including but not limited to: circuit boards, hard drives, optical drives, power supplies, ribbon cables, RAM
- Networking equipment, hubs, switches, routers, cables, modems, scanners
- Ink cartridges
- Televisions*, VCRs, radios, stereo equipment, tape recorders, record players, remote controls, MP3 players, compact disc players, e-readers
- Electronic toys, amplifiers, electronic keyboards
- Hand-held gaming devices, game consoles, Walkmans, sewing machines
- Digital cameras, camcorders
Communication Devices and Other Electronics:
- Cash registers, typewriters, adding machines, calculators
- Copiers, duplicators, voice recorders
- Label makers
- Portable power banks and coin counters
- Telephones, PBX systems, answering machines, fax machines
- CB radios, ham radios, cell phones, pagers, Black Berry/Palm Units, GPS units, Bluetooth serial port adapter
- Rechargeable batteries, battery chargers and adapters, surge strips
- Video recorders, video monitors, security systems, walki-talkies
*not accepted: broken glass cathode-ray-tube televisions or broke glass cathode-ray-tube monitors. For a complete listing of items not accepted, please visit the Champaign County RRR webpage at www.co.champaign.il.us/rrr.